Vanilla offers a range of in-house Test solutions, from environmental and pre-compliance testing, counterfeit component testing and the ability to define a robust test strategy based upon a customer specification for volume production.
Based upon a customer-defined test strategy, Vanilla has the capability to produce a test solution suited to the design complexities and production volumes; be it a single PCB or multi-level assembly. This can be via a custom design or the customers’ own test method and equipment.
Our range of in-house and externally available Production Test capabilities include:
- Automated Test Equipment
- Boundary scan
- 3D AOI/X (Automated Optical Inspection)
- X-Ray, 2D & 3D Computerised Tomography
- Burn-in (temperature soak)
- ICT (in-circuit test)
- Solder Paste Inspection
- MDA (manufacturing defect analysis)
- Automated test software development
- Electrical safety test
- RF test (radio-frequency)
- Backplane test
- Continuity test for Cable/Harness
Component / Material Testing
Specific testing & binning for R&D and production purposes. Vanilla can design and build a test environment for proof of concept and binning of components to filter required elements such as frequency, temperature, light output and other characteristics beyond standard specification.
Vanilla can simulate a range of environmental conditions, both natural and man-made, in order to pre-qualify product, for R&D purposes or to bin certain components prior to PCB or other assembly processes. Our in-house Climatic Test Chamber operates from -40 ºC to +180ºC and can also simulate conditions such as humidity (10% to saturation). Ramp rates can be adjusted and profiles easily imported, with results electronically stored with visible live updates.
Counterfeit Component Testing
Vanilla offers full Inspection, with functional and destructive testing for suspect counterfeit components.
- Vision Linx & Mantis microscopes
- 2d X-Ray & 3d X-Ray Computerised Tomography Inspection – inspecting IC packaging﹕layer delamination, wire bonding, plastic cracks, bubbles in epoxy or plastic, increased inspection of consistency in leads/ball array height & alignment, etc.
- Decapsulation & solderability testing
- Full functional tests, plus rework of customer-supplied PCB within our EPA area to IPC 7711/21
Schedule a Call
Get in touch with one of our dedicated sales team to discuss your project and the challenges ahead. We’re here to help: [email protected]